- - 2013 -
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (3)
- February 2013 (5)
- February/21: NEW PRODUCTS ON THE WAY!
- February/21: BOOK A BEAVERTAIL TRIP
- February/03: Eco Friendly Fly Fishing...
- February/01: Fish Free February
- February/01: Reel In Your Sweetheart!...
- January 2013 (4)
- - 2012 -
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (4)
- October/18: New Iventory
- October/12: BLACK FRIDAY GUAD SPECIAL
- October/12: WIN A YETI ROADIE
- October/05: Colorado River Fishing...
- August 2012 (4)
- August/15: BULL RED @ PORT O'CONNOR
- August/12: Port O Connor Fly Fishing
- August/08: Tailing Reds
- August/08: I believe in Texas Tarpon
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (3)
- February/20: TROUTFEST SPECIAL
- February/09: Guadalupe River fishing report
- February/09: New To Flyfishing?
- January 2012 (3)
- - 2011 -
- December 2011 (4)
- December/31: FISHING REPORT for end of 2011
- December/23: Bug Study
- December/23: New Canyon Lake Fly Shop
- December/17: New Canyon Lake Fly Shop
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- - 2010 -
- December 2010 (4)
- December/30: Fishing Conditions
- December/29: Fishing Conditions
- December/09: Fly Fishing Gift Certificates
- December/08: Dec 2010 fishing/river report
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (3)
- April/16: Great fishing despite...
- April/09: New Braunfels Fly Fishing Film...
- April/01: Golf & Fish
- March 2010 (3)
July 30, 2012
Best places to fly fish? -A topic that most always comes up when anglers are reminising about their day on the water with an ice cold beer. No matter the place or the fish, there is a phrase that always comes to mind when we recall moments from our best fishing.....
"You gotta pay your dues"- Whether you're on the river nymphing for that 28" rainbow, or fishing structure for a 12lb bass- maybe sightcasting to tailing Redfish in the flats early in the morning when the water is glass, or perhaps, hooking a 100lb Tarpon screaming line out. it holds true. The fact is, you'll only get those opportunities when you're on the water wetting a line. I've learned that the best fishing is circumstantial, based on the day you happen to be out and the luck that happens to be following you. Granted, having knowledge about the areas you are fishing, feeding habits, effective techniques and so on, will help you, but catching the fish of a lifetime is not going to happen overnight. It takes real desire and sometimes continual efforts, but each attempt is another memory made on the water.
Life seems to be in a big hurry these days and it can be difficult to get away to fish due to the busy schedules we think we have to keep. In the end it's the busy schedules that keep us- from living and fishing and making those memories! Because these fishing stories are so important to us, ReelFly Fishing Adventures has now moved into the techno world and capable of recording your memories. That's right, while your reel is smoking and you're making those school girl noises, we can be recording those moments for you! Now equipped with an HD GOPRO head cam, we are able to capture footage of your adventure as a souvenier to take home to show the world.
Now's the time! Port O Connor is currently the hot-spot and is predicted to stay that way for few more months. Large schools of Migratory Tarpon are rolling in the gulf, while giant pods of Redfish are tailing in the flats. We are scheduled to be on the water everyday until Aug 10th, helping clients chase these memories, but are ready to take your reservations from Aug 11- on for you. Take a break and let us help you make those memories that will never be forgotten.